The 2015 Swiss IT Outsourcing Study, conducted by Whitelane Research in collaboration with Navisco AG – Sourcing Professionals, investigates more than 285 unique IT outsourcing contracts held by over 70 of the top IT spending organisations in Switzerland. The total combined annual value of the contracts included in this study is more than €3 billion. All industry sectors are represented.
Key findings from the Swiss study include:
- The outsourcing market will continue to grow. Eighty percent of all respondents in the study confirm that they will continue to outsource at the same rate or more, with 43 percent saying they will outsource more indicating that the Swiss market still has significant growth potential (Figure 2).
- Cost reduction (cited by 91 percent) is the main driver for companies planning to outsource more (Figure 3). However, the need to focus on their core business (up 23 percent compared to last year) as well as transform the business (up seven percent compared to last year) have become significantly more important.
- Over 60 percent of all organisations use nearshoring or offshoring. This is expected to further increase in the coming years.
- The service provider community shows a strong overall satisfaction performance with an impressive 91 percent of the clients being satisfied with their outsourcing contract (Figure 4). Still, there are significant differences between the performances of the 15 IT service providers ranked in this year’s study, and our full report contains more detailed information, such as the service providers ranking by IT domain as well as by 10 different KPIs across four dimensions.
- TCS is ranked first in the overall service provider satisfaction ranking with a score of 83 percent, followed by Cognizant (80 percent), HCL (76 percent) and Swisscom (75 percent) (Figure 5).
- Almost half of all Swiss organisations are using or planning to use public cloud vendors. The full report includes the satisfaction ranking with these cloud vendors, such as Amazon, Citrix Systems, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce.com and SAP.
The Swiss study is part of Whitelane’s annual extensive IT outsourcing studies. We interview sourcing executives (CIOs/ CFOs) about their outsourcing plans and their opinions on service providers. The study is conducted in 14 different European countries and provides a comprehensive overview of the IT outsourcing landscape in each respective country. The survey also shows the main sourcing trends and positions of the main outsourcing service providers based on different key performance indicators (KPIs) in addition to cloud computing and governance trends.
For more information or if you are interested in receiving a free copy of the full Swiss report, please contact us!